Almost coming to the end of this year, it has been a long one. Full of ups and downs, pain and joy, sorrow and heart aches but it has also been full of overcoming, winning and shinning. So many things have changed; I mean twelve months is a darn long time. And the ‘everything’ whatever it has been, has changed me for the better. I can write about anything and everything but I just want to share with you the things that made my year the year it was….
So much, don’t even know where to start…..anyway best part was (1) I completed my Degree, yes I am now a holder of Bachelor of Laws (Hons) from Moi University. A journey I embarked on 26th August, 2007 finally came to an end on 16th December 2011. Never been happier my whole life but most importantly was the feeling I got in seeing my mum’s joy and pride in the lady I have become, the young girl she struggled to raise is now all grown up, mature and a lady of substance…thank you mama, we never let each other down!! (2) I got my first ever job as an intern in a law firm it doesn’t pay much but I know we all have to start somewhere and all the things I have learned in the last six months I wouldn’t have had i not been given the chance to come and learn/work here. (3) my parents got separated, this doesn’t sound like a good thing but it was, to see my mother finally get out of it was one of the most self raising thing she has ever done, don’t get me wrong, my mother is one of the strongest women I know. But for some reason this marriage was one of her greatest un-doing. I remember talking to her and telling her that she cannot keep doing this because she is afraid of what people will say or think, at the end of the day when everybody else is in the comfort of their homes, I reminded her that she will always be alone with her pain, tears and frustration!!! That day she gave me that call, she had made up her mind was another of my good days……so proud of you ma’ finally you realized you don’t always have to settle for less than you deserve, you are a QUEEN!!! (4) I got over my previous relationship and my word!!! This was one of those AHUH moments, just realizing I could actually live without him and still ‘live’…. This was one of the other best thing that happened. I felt empowered, like I had been given a brand new leash on life, and knowing that it hurt him knowing that I had moved on.. Ha-ha didn’t even have time to return calls and texts, DAMN!!! It felt sooo freaking good. (5) okay, after that self uplifting ahuh moment, I got into another relationship…at first, it was good then it got better I was the most loved girl in the universe…then possessiveness and obsession set in and from there it was down hill all the way. Apart from being cheated on, being in a relationship with someone who doesn’t trust you is the next worst thing. I discovered its better to be trusted than to be loved…thank God that is done and over with!!!so onto the next, hope 2012 has better relationships in store for me… (6) I had the most splendid times with my girlfriends…. (Love them to death), we always there for each other…standing true and honest with each other. They helped me get through most of my difficult moments, they would sit patiently listen to me whine, offered me a shoulder to lean on, hugged and consoled and when it was getting better, they teased and made fun of any situation (those its never that serious moments) and them we would all hit the bar and drink ourselves silly!!!LOVE YOU GIRLS TO BITS and I thank God for bringing you into my life. (7) then to those amazing people I met at work, my boss and my colleagues were just great, through them I learned so much not only work related but also life wise….Charity and Judy, the ladies who taught me to have un wavering faith in a God who is ever present and never changing…thank you!! (8) There were sad things, I lost friends….some we disagreed others we just outgrew each other, grew more apart than we did together. I am not regretful; I have realized that everything happens for a reason, who am I to question God??? So I leave it at that!! (9) this year I grew even more into the ‘I don’t give a fuck attitude’ if you are not my mother, or my brother or if I don’t think you are someone worth impressing, then I gave you the go to hell attitude…I often say im not in the business of impressing people and I am proud to say I lived like that this year, and my mum must have caught this bug too!!way to go Ma’…LOL (10) don’t have much to say about my relationship with God, especially on my side coz I was such a mess. Went to church less than four times the whole year and when life was pushing me against the wall, I rarely remembered to pray….most amazing thing is He stood by me all this time and carried me through things I couldn’t even start to mention, He loved me un-conditionally and wiped my tears, replacing them with the most beautiful smile. He truly is the God of sinners and the lukewarm like me….(hoping to work on this next year)….
(11) last but no least, I want to thank God for the people I love the most in this world; My mama…for being a mother, a mentor, a teacher, my number one fan, my best friend and the love of my life….., My brother Toni; dude we may be miles apart but I always feel the love, care and admiration you have for me…I love you sooo much, oh!!and congrats for finally marrying the love of your life and my friend Annie, wish you all the happiness in the world, may God guide you through this new beginning!! My favorite girl in the whole wide world….Lorraine Nyambura; you are my kindred spirit twin. With you I can be my very true self. With no shame or fear of being judged. I love you for loving me, understanding me with no questions asked, for guiding me, for always being the listening partner…..i could go on and on and never finish…just know I love you beyond measure!!!!!
Y’all made my year the way it was…..May God bless you mightly and love you and always take care of you!!!
The best part of living life this year was not just surviving, but thriving with passion, style, compassion, generosity and humor and finally with kindness……like I did!!!!
Finally, wishing you a merry merry Christmas……make all the merry you can!!! And a prosperous new year…
2012, BRING IT ON!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment